- Weds: Life Groups at Church for COOKOUT (burgers provided), but there will be NO SERVICE, only discussion questions provided for groups. This will JUST be a time a space for the Life Groups to get together and eat and have discussion, and to make sure people who couldn’t make it last week don’t fall through the cracks.
- Snacks: No one has yet signed up for snacks for this Wednesday, so if someone is willing to provide chips and/or a[nother] side that would go with the burgers, please let me know.
- Life Group Venues: Parents, please email me to let me know if you are willing to have Life Groups meet at your house on a Wednesday night. I need to have a running list of places for groups to alternate, which I will pass on to Life Group leaders. Also, please indicate if you would be willing to provide meals or snacks on those Wednesdays. I would love for parents to actually eat with the Life Groups (email responses: email@example.com).
- Thurs: Week 4 Family Devotional (on blog) – Series: King David: Man of Passions & God of Grace
- Sun: DISCUSSION BASED GATHERING on Sundays from now on.
- We are transitioning to a more discussion based time for Sunday mornings. My assumption since the Parent Lunch is that if students are coming to the Youth Service, it means they (or at least most of them) have gone to first service with families. I am in agreement with a few parents who have shared their concerns: (1) students should not sit through two sermons back-to-back and (2) kids worshiping with parents takes precedence over kids coming to the youth service. So, again, if I could encourage you that if you only come second service, please worship together as a family, and know that I will by and large no longer be providing a formal worship service but rather a discussion based service.