Just a reminder that our Ski/Winter Retreat is coming up!
One revision from the last announcement: We will have a Ski Option this year. I’ll be taking a group on either Saturday or Sunday (TBD) all day to Sapphire Ski Resort. The ski option will be an extra $50.
Here’s the skinny:
- Date: Jan. 17-20 (MLK Jr. Weekend, so we will take advantage of the extra day!)
- Place: Ridge Haven PCA Retreat Center: 215 Ridge Haven Road Brevard, NC 28712
- Cost: $135 ($185 with Ski Option)
- Deposit: $50 due Jan. 6 to reserve a spot–must print out registration form attached and turn in with deposit (space is limited; see below in additional info).
- Forms–please turn these 3 forms in together (medical release/consent forms below in Additional Info, but I do not need medical forms if you have already turned them in this year). If you would like me to print them and give them to you/your kid(s) at church, just let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theme: Deep & Wide. Our focus this year will be on cultivating a depth of relationship with Christ through his Word and through prayer, the fruit of which haswide-reaching effects in the way that we live. Our prayer is that God would compel students to dig deep so they can grow wide.
- 1. Pray from Ephesians 3:16-21 – that God would do abundantly more than we can ask or imagine in the hearts and lives of the students and leaders.
- 3. Pray for God to use the disorientation and vulnerability of a new group dynamic to work in new ways among our students.
- 2. Pray for protection as we travel.
- 1. We ARE going to have a ski option (see above).
- 2. I have only reserved 50 spots by way of deposit. It is possible that I can get more if I know in due time, but it is no guarantee, especially if it is late. So please let me know at your earliest convenience–by way of deposit–if your kid(s) will be going. Last minute, day, week additions may not be possible for this trip.
- If I may emphasize a logistical concern regarding the timeliness of registration–as you know, our church does not have vans or a bus, so arranging transportation is difficult for late registrations, especially when about half of our registrations for virtually every event are what I would consider late (within two weeks). Please, as soon as your kid(s) have decided to attend, turn in your registration forms that next Sunday or Wednesday.
- 3. Scholarships are available on a need basis, so please don’t let money be what prevents your kid(s) from going. That is WHY we go through the pain of fundraising each year!
- 4. Medical Consent / Release Form for those who have not turned these in this year. Note: On the Medical Release, please put “Jeremy Spainhour” as the person to whom medical information can be released (not your own names).