Here’s the schedule and a reminder of the 5 Cs of Bible study.
2/9: Jeremiah 29:11
- 2/16: Genesis 1:26-27
- 2/23: John 3:16
- 3/2: Philippians 4:13
- 3/9: Mark 11:12-14 (first Sunday of Lent)
- 3/16: Romans 8:28
The 5 Cs of Bible Study:
- Consecration: Prayer–that the living God would give us wisdom, speak afresh to us today.
- Content: Observation (context! context! context!)–not [yet] what does the text mean, but what does the text SAY?
- Concept: Interpretation–what does this mean, especially in light of the original context (so far as we can observe it).
- Canon: Counsel of Scripture–cross reference with biblical passages/themes that might inform interpretation.
- Connection: Truth Believed/Lived–as it is heard/applied in our world contexts (individually, in my home, in my schools, on my teams, in my country, etc.).