Good morning everyone! I’m looking forward to the week and want to fill you in! There are several things that are different this week so be mindful of those!
Wednesday is our monthly Service Night! We will be at the church and are serving the organization Refuge for Women in a very cool way!
- Meal still at 6:30
- We’ll begin the Service Project at about 7:15
This Sunday we are doing something a little different – we’re going to have a relationship panel!
- The doors to the youth room will open at 10:30. We’ll hang out and catch up until 11, have some announcements, then begin the panel!
- The panel will feature people in different stages of life – single, young marrieds, and more experienced couples. It’s gonna be great!
There will be no LIGHT@NIGHT because of the Super Bowl party!
We’re going on a mission trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina and NOW IS THE TIME TO APPLY! Here are the details:
- June 11-16, 2017
- An application, 2 reference forms, and an interview make up the FAC mission trip process. The application is due THIS COMING SUNDAY. Unfortunately this deadline is set in stone because I need a final count to send to YouthWorks, the organization we are joining. The reference forms should be completed ASAP because we cannot complete the process until we have those! Please scan and email them to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring them by the church office.
We are having a Super Bowl party again this year! This Sunday night, Feb. 5, 6:00-10:00. We will have the game on the big screen in the youth room so you can hang out on couches and the big screen in the gym so you can watch while playing basketball or other games!
- Bring your favorite Super Bowl snack
- Drinks are provided
Our monthly service ministry to Embrace United Methodist Church is NEXT Monday, Feb. 6.
- We meet at the church at 4:30 and drive to Embrace in downtown Lexington.
- We help prepare and serve a meal for the homeless of Lexington as well as get to interact with them a little bit.
- We participate in a worship service led by Embrace staff.
- We are back by 8:00.
It’s time to register for the 30 Hour Famine!
- It’s March 24-25, an overnighter at the church. This is our Spring Retreat.
- It is only $20! That price gets you a t-shirt and admission to the event!
- Here’s the link to register – https://goo.gl/forms/fDn2nCuw2El35qqB3
- Last day to register is Sunday, March 19.
- If you want to get a t-shirt, you MUST register by Wednesday, March 8 so I have time to order them.
Here’s a look at the t-shirt:
Thanks for your attention, have a great week!
Be a blessing today,