Happy Tuesday my friends! Here’s a look at the weeks ahead:
Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day of the season of Lent. We are having an Ash Wednesday service at church beginning at 7:00 for the entire congregation. The high school is going to participate in that service, but we will have dinner as usual at 6:30, then head to the main sanctuary at 7 for the service.
PARENTS AND FAMILIES: You are ALL invited for dinner tomorrow and then we’ll walk over together. I hope you’ll join us!
NOTE: Valentines Day is always crazy busy at restaurants. Come to Ash Wednesday and have a date another night 🙂
Stories are SO IMPORTANT in our lives. They speak to us and there is something about hearing someone else’s story that truly helps us understand how God works in others and us. We are beginning a series called The Power of Story where different people will be sharing their testimonies each week. I am looking forward to it very much!
- This week Henry and Nemi Paasonnen will be speaking about their lives walking with God through ministry.
- Doors open at 10:30, festivities begin at 11!
We are having a church-wide event…the FAC Winter Olympics! Here are the details:
- Friday, Feb. 23, 6:00-8:00
- Everyone’s invited!
- There will be concessions – the proceeds will go to help those going to Peru this summer!
- Hot dogs
- …and more!
- We would LOVE to see you there, it’s going to be a great night of fun for all!
Our Spring Retreat this year will be March 17-18! Our theme this year is Prayer. Here are some details:
- When: March 17-18
- Where: Bluegrass Christian Camp
- Cost: $60 (scholarships are available)
- How to register: https://goo.gl/forms/gMFwBRDDTotG1GWT2
Winter Jam is coming to Lexington on March 31. The lineup looks awesome this year so I am planning to go and would love for students to join me! The cost is only $15. I will have more info as it gets closer but if you want to check out their website, here it is: http://2018.jamtour.com/
Have an awesome week!
Be a blessing today,